The State Group Inc. has built our reputation and success around conscientious, motivated and dedicated employees many of which find a lifelong career within our organization. We are currently seeking candidates for our Mississauga, Ontario Head Office locations for the following positions:
- Senior Estimators
- Junior to midlevel Electrical Estimators
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works independently to interpret customer bid requirements to assemble detailed, complete and accurate Labour, Material, Equipment, and Project Expense summaries for review and closing.
- Interpret project requirements, schedule and execution in order to develop cost saving alternatives.
- Provide assistance to project managers and field personnel.
- Interfaces with clients and contractors during pre and post-tender applications to develop effective business relationships.
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions and identify risks and opportunities.
- Conducts cost analysis at completion of project.
- Supports the field as required by assisting in drawing review, scope review and changes.
- Collaborate with other estimators/divisions within State to help assemble detailed and complete multi-trade proposals.
- Comply with State Group’s standards, policies and operating procedures, including those pertaining to ISO9001.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior estimating experience, Senior estimator 10 + years, Junior Estimator 2+ years.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent education and/or field experience.
- Familiar with medium voltage, distribution voltage and low voltage/fiber wiring systems.
- Familiar with Switch Yard and outdoor substation systems.
- Intermediate MS Office skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with estimating software such as Accubid is an asset.
- Has a proven track record in a busy, deadline oriented environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.