One of the area’s Top Specialty Contractors is looking for a dynamic individual to join our head office. This is a growing company with a bright future for the selected individual.
We are searching for a Junior Electrical Estimator to join the team in Evansville, Indiana. This role is responsible for providing electrical estimating services to our business. This is a full time position, with benefits.
A junior estimator calculates and estimates the expected cost of construction of a given project. The job entails helping our company make competitive bids by reviewing and analyzing all of the cost information to provide accurate estimates that are profitable for the company.
This is one of the most important parts of our company. There will be opportunities for future growth and advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Under guidance from senior estimators, reviews drawings, specifications and tender documents to provide estimate values that will be used to be awarded and perform the work.
- Interprets customer bid requirements, to assemble detailed and complete Labor, Material, Equipment, and Expense summaries for review and closing.
- Provides support to the project on an ongoing basis, to Project Managers and Field Staff. Conducts cost analysis at completion of project.
- Interfaces with all levels of organizations, both internally and externally.
- Supports the field as required by assisting in drawing review, scope review and changes.
- Collaborates with other estimators/divisions within company to help assemble detailed and complete multi-trade proposals.
- Relevant Technical Designation from Accredited Institution.
- Able to interpret technical information, both in writing and diagrammatically.
- Strong math skills.
- Understanding of contract language.
- Intermediate MS Office skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks effectively.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with estimating software such as Accubid, or Quick Pen is an asset.
- Experience in construction is an asset.
Consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent education and/or field experience.